How can I cancel an order? (Standard process)
If you ask to cancel an order and we have not yet shipped and confirmed the shipment, you can cancel it in Manage Orders or use an Order Cancellation feed. To cancel an order from the Manage Orders menu, follow the steps mentioned under “Standard cancellation process that will not count against your metrics” below.
When you cancel an order, we automatically update the order status in your account and sends an email notification to you.
- If we have shipped and confirmed the order, you will have to wait for delivery and then you return the item back to us for a refund.
- If we have already generated the shipping label, you will have to wait for delivery and then you return the item back to us for a refund.
- If you cancel an order by mistake, you can contact us through Buyer-Seller Messaging service and we will, encourage you to place a new order.
Both cancellations and returns are a normal part of most sales operations.
When can a i cancel an order?
For the first 30 minutes after the order is placed, you can cancel your own order using the Cancel Items button located in Your Account > Your Orders on Global Electronics. After 30 minutes, you can request a cancellation .
If you sends a message requesting to cancel an order, use the following steps:Important: If you do not follow the cancellation process as outlined below (responding to a cancellation request generated in the system by your account), the cancellation may count against your metrics.Note: If we cannot fulfill the order due to lack of inventory and need to cancel the order, select the reason as no inventory. Do not contact the buyer and request that they submit a cancellation request.
Standard cancellation process that will not count against your metrics:
You receive the cancellation request through the Buyer-Seller messaging service that contains the specific subject line: “Order cancellation request ”
To cancel an order requested by a buyer, follow these steps:
- From the Orders drop-down, select Manage Orders.
- Find the order referenced in the email notification and click Cancel order in the Action column.Note: The Cancel order button is available only for Unshipped orders.
- On the Cancel order page, select the reason for cancellation .
- Click Submit.
- After you cancel the order, you will receive separate email confirmations that the order has been canceled.
Note: Additional communication from you might change the subject line of the original communication.
Non-standard cancellation process that might count against your metrics:
You receive the cancellation request that does not include the standard subject line “Order cancellation request ”
To avoid canceling an order in a manner that impacts your metrics, use Buyer Messaging and request to submit an official cancellation using the standard process. Use the following instructions in your response: You can find the order in your account by clicking Your Account > Your Orders > Request Cancellation
Occasionally, you may need to cancel part of an order with multiple items and refund the items that are canceled. For a partial cancellation, upload an Order Adjustment Feed.